Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No Dead Stuff :D

Okay, today there will be no dead animals. In terms of cat leavings, I mean. Or even live ones. Unless something leads to my cats. Oh wait it already did. Ok that's it.

It was a beautiful day ... in the neighborhood, a beatiful day in the neighborhood, won't you be my neighbor? Hello neighbor! Uh, yeah. Since it was indeed a beautiful day, some how I managed to get Mr. Roger's song stuck in my head. The funny thing is, I didn't like that show when I was a kid. Or sesame street. But for some reason I found myself sitting in front of these shows when I wanted cartoons instead, dangit! And yet, I have a happy nostalgia when I remember watching them. ??? I do have to say one thing though. Yes, I get it now, but when I was a kid I DID NOT understand why Mr. Rogers came home, took off his shoes, and put new shoes back on. I mean, wha??? I know now that people have house shoes. It's still kinda weird though.
Also for some reason I feel compelled to mention that I watched Sesame St pre-Elmo. It was 1984, I don't think he was even a twinkle in his furry muppet parents' eyes then. I found Ernie insaneley frustrating. And there were these space creatures who said "yip yip yip yip" and scared the crap out of me. Anyway.
LOL CommonLaw is gettin' some charcoal ready and he just came in with a piece, tossing it back and forth, and said, "feel how hot this is". Um why now? It was funny. We're killing off the last of the chicken, so it won't go to waste, and we may or may not buy more. Ha! So there! :P

Today I saw a Lady I know walking down the street with a bounch of plants. I pulled over to say hi, and she gave me one. Cool. It was very pretty, but by the time I got it home and in the dirt two hours had passed and it was looking very wilty. Also, I have no idea what the heck it is. It seems to be some kind of annual, judging by the fleshy and not woody texture of its stalk. Any one have an idea? Despite its forlorn sagging? That last photograph is my calalily. I wasn't sure if it was coming back this year or not, but it's lookin right purty. I can't remember if that's the pink one or the yellow. Either way it will be sure to clash nicely with the clematis.

P.S. Didn't see Blink the skink today, but I hope he's in the garden somewhere, perhaps keeping the grasshopper population in check.

No comments: