Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Hero

"And you didn't take the skull??" Mum would say. Well, it was all gross, and I didn't have a bag or anything. And besides, I think there was one of those, "Take only pictures, leave only footprints" signs. Not that that really would have stopped me, I just didn't have gloves or a bag. Plus what if there was dried tendons and other yucky things holding it all together? Anyway, I had my camera, and this picture just fits my mood these days, heh heh. I try to be positive, I really do, I'm just stuck in a pit of disgruntlement lately. I feel betrayed and lied to, by the country that I love. I did what I was supposed to, got a "good" job, with benefits and vacation time, I work over 40 hours a week, and one of my two monthly paychecks doesn't even cover the rent!! How am I supposed to live the American dream and have my own home and family? I need a miracle. And guess what?

Out of the blue, my Dad rescued me, like a beautiful refridgerator light banishing the blackness and illuminating a bountiful cornecopia. Yup, my Dad, a hero to not just me but the whole community, bought me a fridge. In one week, delivered to my house, I will trade floating sticks of butter for gallons of ice cream!!! I am so dang independant, to a fault, that I am physically incapable of asking for help. I live by the law that, if I can't make something happen for myself, then I must not be trying hard enough. I've considered getting a second job. Today I was considering shutting off the internet/ phone lines to save money, but then I couldn't post for all the world to read: THANK YOU DAD!! Thank you for finding the chink in my self sufficient armor! I cried, tears of joy, (twice) and wish I could say more than just thanks, and I love you. Maybe we could go out to breakfast this Sunday or next so I could get some laughter and family time in. You're buying, right? HAHA! ;) I love you Dad. Thank you so much!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My beautiful darling daughter. You are so welcome. Ever since you first graced this planet with your sweet and wonderful presence, you have been a delight and an inspiration and a source of unending amazement.

Always your,
Pa

Maewen Archer said...

Dads are so nice -- yay Dad! I've got some little tears of joy just thinking about it. Enjoy your ice cream :)

Unknown said...

awwwww that is so sweet my daddy is like that too...How nice of him...

Now that picture...I don't know whether to be grossed out or intregued. i want to peel my eyes away but I cant seem to..I almost want to get closer...grotty!! Great picture...

You will have to visit my sisters blog she has a TON of great nature photos...its funny she really does great nature and I do really great people photos...but not vice versa...interesting? No?

Julie

Anonymous said...

hah! i was just talking about that belief with my students!! how many americans just have it ingrained (sp??hahaha, i´m not an english teacher...)that you can achieve anything you want if you just work HARD enough. that i believe, my life, my responsibility...also almost to a fault. ha!! must be related....

love you,
morgan