Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Neverending Story


That movie was one of my childhood greats, I probably watched it hundreds of times. Well, this one scene from it came to me this morning as I stumbled from bed to feed the cats. It was the buttcrack of dawn, as my honey so delicately puts it, almost pitch black but not quite. I fed Sebastian, and opened the door for Pheonix, who was mewing his tiny voice, unexpected from such a handsome boy; if you didn't know him you'd expect a much bigger, deeper meow. And all of a sudden it was like the part of the movie where the young hero, Atreyu, finds his strength and runs with all his might for the portal that is guarded by two massive sphinxs'. Sphinxs' that blast lightning from their eyes, killing you instantly if you're not pure of heart.
Because mixed with Pheonix's mews were other tiny cries, and there was MAGGIE, who ran for the doorway with all her little heart!!!!!!!!! She barreled forward at full speed like her life depended on it, slid sideways when she hit the hardwood floor, and recovered to meow and purr and get some love and greet her sister and then eat and eat!! I couldn't believe it!! I still can't believe it!! I seriously questioned my awakeness. Holy crap!! Just... can't believe it!! The greatest gift the universe could give!! It said, what IS this ruckus peeps are raising about a kitten? I was just testing hermitgirl's tear ducts, after Bambi 2 they seemed to be broken! Did I mention... holy crap? I can't believe it?? I am the luckiest blessed person on the planet.
I can't- well, we got that part. Just, I didn't believe in happy endings. They're only in silly fairy tales. Certainly not a real life thing. But I guess, sometimes the story does end the way you hope it will. Thank you universe, thank you people who care and say such kind wonderful things, and Maggie... you are so, SO grounded.
OMG. There's just not enough exclamation points to express the insanely thankful joyous lucky yay that is in me.
But I'll try.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

5 comments:

Her Grace said...

Awesome. I'm so glad she made it home.

jill or jay said...

Of course, we're all just so darn happy for you. Don't spread this around but...we're all really in it for the happy ending....and most of us are never quite believing it's actually going to happen. So, here's to THIS happy ending:)

Anonymous said...

Huzzah!...from more folks than you might know...Welcome home Maggie!

Maewen Archer said...

Yay! That made me smile this morning -- nothing happier than a kitty back where she belongs :)

Anonymous said...

Aww that's so wonderful she showed back up okay and unharmed.

P.S. Granny and I are planning on coming over there to visit you some time in the not too distant future.